Friday, September 24, 2010

Penang Botanical Garden

As I wish, I wish to write more about my nearby. Penang Botanical Garden is not a new place for me, I'd been there many times, for jogging, hiking, gathering, outdoor event and etc.

The entrance. It is open from 5am - 9pm everyday. Free admission.



A lot of activities going on usually. Jogging, photography, tai chi classes, aerobic, people practicing chinese sword and etc. Love the green and fresh air here. Oh if you bring something to eat here, watch out for monkey robber.






A lot of flower blooming last weekend :) I don't have my camera with me, or you will see some macro shot :)


Tram charged at RM 2 for adult, RM 1 for kid. I am not sure how is the schedule though. Never took the ride :p


There are few theme garden here, e.g. lily pond, The Fern House, The Cactus House, The Orchidarium, Sun Rockery, Begonia Collection. Visit Penang Botanical Garden official website for some virtual walk. I think the website is quite innovatively design, worth to visit even for Malaysian :)


Lucky to see so many lotus blooming at Lily Pond.




A shadow of a giant tree, isn't it artistic?


Hopefully state government will improve on the toilet, there is just one sign board, and just one toilet located quite deep inside. Hopefully there will be one at the new parking lot outside. At the moment, you need to pay 20 cents to use the toilet.

No comments: