Monday, November 30, 2009

Jam of Plus North South Highway

It's the end of Haji Holiday. Yesterday evening on my way towards Penang using PLUS north south highway, after Kuala Kangsar toll plaza, I saw the direction towards Ipoh was very jam, all car at both lanes were moving very slowly, almost not moving. It is quite common to see traffic jam at charged highway in Malaysia where there is long holiday.

Guess what, starting from Kuala Kangsar, I saw the opposite direction was jam for 29km. I believe it could be longer than that even till tunnel or Ipoh toll plaza. I felt so appreciateful that I was heading to Penang, not Kuala Lumpur.

Drive safely home my friend, no matter how jam it is. :)

4 comments:

Hugo Lim said...

I checked the mileage counter too. From ipoh tunnel exit to cangkat jering, about 40km of almost standstill crawling cars south bound.

it was raining heavily near the tunnel for about 30minutes of my traveling time north bound.

magnificent.

heard from another friend that he traveled from penang at 230pm and only reaching at 12 midnight in KL.

PS: happened to found your blog via google blog search while scouting for last night's traffic jam articles :P

mk said...

welcome to my blog :D

Wow, 9.5 hours from Penang to KL, must be very tiring, needless to say food and restroom must be very troublesome also. God bless them for coming Xmas and new year holiday.

40km traffic jam *whew*. Be thankful we are heading north although a little jam at Juru toll sometimes :D

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?

mk said...

Hi anonymous, go ahead. Thanks for informing. I am sorry I am not on twitter :)

I will have another post tomorrow on today traffic condition :)